Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Please Adopt My Fabulous 8-Tracks


Please Adopt My Fabulous 8-Tracks, so I don't have to put them down.

I'm having to fight my hoarding tendencies and part with detrius that I've had around for years. If you have a functioning 8-track player, or even a recorder (there are a bunch of blanks!) and want obscure media to play, this is your chance. If you're in the Downriver Detroit area, you can pick 'em up. If not, you'd have to pay shipping. I just don't want to have to trash these things. Here's a list of what's there, if the pictures aren't big enough to read the titles; UPDATE - there's a notorious problem with carts of this age where the foam-rubber support that holds the tape against the head disintegrates under pressure. I've had to toss half of these as a result, so check the list below for the remaining titles: (click on the pics to see larger version)


Hot Chocolate - Hot Chocolate
Dead-Eye Dick - Volume 2 (raunchy comedy)
3 Little Pigs & Other Stories (Little Badger Records)
Alice Cooper - Killer (Bootleg)
Lou Reed - Berlin
Mark Almond II
Count Basie - Everything is Coming Up Roses
Tony Bennett - All Time Hall of Fame Hits
Dr. Seuss Presents Bartholomew and the Oobleck and Others
Klassiks Go Disko
Smoky Robinson / Miracles - Flying High Together
Bunch of Blanks!

5 comments:

  1. Gary--take them to Encore Records, make a few bucks, or swap them for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are in varying conditions. I assume that Encore would prefer items in pristine condition. Don't want to drive all the way to AA to offload them, either. But thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They made bootleg 8 tracks? Learn something new every day I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - massive trade in bootleg 8-tracks! Sometimes the packaging was outrageous. You could go to a booth at the state fair and get just about any recent release you wanted, or even make your own compilations - and the record industry never caught up to them. It was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the Dead-Eye Dick 8 track still available? I would like to purchase it.

    ReplyDelete